Tuesday, August 21, 2012

It starts now!!!!

I am about to enter a new season of my life, and let me tell you it is already looking busy as anything. From the events going on at JU with Campus Outreach, Rush week, Fall Retreat, Vision Day the list keeps going and going. Doing college ministry requires a huge sacrifice because it is not your typical 8 to 5 job. Sure I sometimes has week days off, however there are some days I will put in 70-80 hours a week.

For almost a year now I have seen God work a supernatural miracle by putting together my support team. I have also witnessed him put together a family of brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ who are like family to me. Almost every night, friends from church are getting together for fellowship and just celebrate all that God has done. Over half the time, we do not have serious conversations but simply the presence of another person means so much in a dark broken chaotic world.

This semester I have an amazing vision and plan, however I know that God is the one with the final word on what happens. That is honestly ok. If I had it my way personally, I would of been at 100 percent a long time ago. But the presence of Jesus Christ and the grace that he has showed really means so much more. The lessons he has taught me, the people and experienes he has put in my life illustrate he relenlessly love for me.

In a 4 month span I will be spending a lot of time at JU, Daytona, Christ Church, and hopefully take a trip to North Carolina and visit a buddy of mine in NYC. I hope that I can find some quiet time to play golf, and maybe go on a hunting trip or two. Well here it goes

No comments:

Post a Comment