Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fight the Good Fight

To fight the good fight of faith requires a special type of person. It requires a handful of individuals who are willing to do anything to share the gospel to a lost generation. For me this semester has been full of ups and downs. It has not been your typical college semester for some of the stuff that I have experienced and went through. But honestly I am not holding these things against myself or God. Instead I glorify him because he got me through some of those "hiccups" in the context of some.

But my friend there is still work to be done. I wish honestly some who profess they believe in Jesus Christ would get out of their Christian social click Would get off their rear end, get their hands dirty, and help out. Not in a creepy way, not in a condemning way. But for Pete sake's if you see someone next to you struggling share them the gospel! Take them out to lunch coffee or even invite them to church and be like "hey man I know life is rough but I want you to know I am here for you no matter what and that I am praying for you." Therse a start. When non believers get saved they will not remember an awesome church sermon or pastor, they will remember a friend stranger or co worker taking time out of their schedule to share them the love and story of Jesus Christ. Because once they know he provides a life of purpose comfort and direction, the things of this world will lose their grip. Sounds easier than it is especially when you are working 25 hours, going to church, internship, family, fraternity, etc. Oh yeah and some might reject you. But never lose heart friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment