Sunday, March 20, 2011

5 weeks to go and then some more

This world can take its long lasting effect on those who take up the cross daily. Before you know it living a life of dying to your worldy desires, and putting others first before your own interests can be replaced by a hardened bitter heart. If that were to happen then the gospel and the love of Jesus Christ could not be spread.

With all of the things going on in my life and there being so much uncertainity, I have fallen short. I have become so worried about my little agenda and it has plagued some of my closet relationships and ability to be a light for others. For almost 3 days I have drove from home and work screaming and praying, God where is the man that I was a short while ago? Just because our circumstances get tough lets not let up on spreading the gospel. I have found myself even try so hard in some situations however that will get me nowhere. There are some things I need to do. Soften my heart, love endlessly, stop worrying and get a move on with life.

I am going to Haiti and even though it is costing me some criticism from my parnts, and not being able to do some personal things. I am going I leave two months from today and I honestly do not have a dollar raised. Susposviely with my parents approval I will have over half the trip paid for. I pray that they can see there is a huge opporunity for a disciple of Jesus Christ to be such a relevant and beacon of light in a broken country. They need and lots of it. Sure they are worried I am a bit nervous too but it is something God has put on my heart big time. It is something that I can and will do for all for his glory not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment