Monday, March 28, 2011

No Longer WIll I SIt and Suffer

Honestly I will no longer sit in an empty household and torture myself with television sleep or boredom. I am always on the offense I am always thinking/praying about the next way to spread the gospel. However my mind set a lot does not correlate with my actions. I am often lazy I often procrastinate and I am often to selfish sometimes it makes me sick. I just want to live a simple life, the simple life of a child like obsession with Jesus Christ. I think of so many images of Jesus come to mind from paintings to statues to other stuff. However the simple mentality of a servant, or a child, serving God is the greatest thing we can attribute to. However to have this sort of mentality or blessing as I see it takes a lot of growing. It takes a lot of giving up. Flaking out on people, lying, being selfish, is absolutely something that does not need to happen. You want to bring people to Christ? You want to have an audacious faith? You want to be that man God has called to you to be....then Eric James Burke the worldly man must die and a new man in Jesus Christ must arise and put others before himself. Every minute every hour every second. Not when I want to but when God wants me to. It is good to play golf, it is good to go on trips, it is good to do have pleasures through God's blessings but if that is all your life is, or even substitutes pleasures for sucess or work, there is no advancing in the kingdom of God. That is the purpose I live for and that is how all of my actions should revolve around that purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment