Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Honestly last week was the hardest week for me I can remember in years. It was a battle to make it day by day hour by hour but I got through it I conquered another mountain. It was because Jesus Christ is so in me I can conquer any mountain. One of my brothers who I went to church was involved in a DUI homicide. My dog died and I missed work because my truck stalled on me. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. But I never gave up because I had amazing people surrounded by me to pick me up. God has blessed me with so many spiritual folks on fire for Jesus to help guide me and lift me through tough times. IO Alan Marsh Josh Turner Kyle Johnson Tyler Young John Jordan my girlfriend the list goes on.

The situation with my brother is rough. I have never dealt with any sort of situation like this before. But I know that god will prevail through my friend's life. I know that if my friend and brother continues to pray and stay strong God will come into his heart. He is looking at a lengthy trial and time in jail, which I could not go through myself.

I started asking myself that could of been me. All of those time I drove home drunk I could of been in that boat. I could of killed somebody and and been in jail for 10-15 years of my life. Last week I was in tears everyday. Last week I could barely walk to class and function as a human. But the best way to overcome this from a friend's perspective is to move on. Let God take care of the situation and pray for healing and strength in my friend. I WILL NEVER LOSE HEART I WILL NEVER EVER GIVE UP ON HIM I WILL BE AT THE TRIAL I WILL KEEP IN CONTACT WITH HIM I WILL PRAY FOR HIM AND FOR HIS FAMILY EVEN IF HE IS FAR AWAY I WILL VISIT HIM. I WILL NEVER EVER GIVE UP ON MY FRIEND BECAUSE JESUS CHRIST NEVER GAVE UP ON ME.

This is not about me, this is about Jesus Christ and the hope grace and refuge we can find in them. I just pray I can find ways and words to say to help grieve with my friend and fellow brothers. Thank you Josh Turner for giving me the words to say. Thank you for believing. Thank you for pouring your heart out to this college student. Thank you for talking to me after SUB30 and making things line up.

No comments:

Post a Comment