Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This time it's in your hands...I will follow you forever...Now I'm taking back my life...Taking back my family....I'm a warrior of life.

Luckily I was able to get out of work early to make to SUB30 tonight. For the past two weeks I haven't been able to make it to FUSE and participate in our 8th grade small groups after worship and the message. While at SUB30 I learned that one of the students took his life away. While standing there in shock and awe I stumbled to keep my composure. I have never met this guy but why did this happen? Why did this happen to someone who walked into God's house? And it is not fair that this would happen to a teenager who has his whole life ahead of him. But soon I realize that 37 kids gave their life to Christ because of his death. I then questioned myself would I give up my own life so that a brother, family member, or even person I've only met once or twice could have a relationship with Jesus? Well tonight I made that commitment.

I wondered to myself could I have done more as a leader to prevent this? I know I have been to one meeting but that night moved me to do everything I can to reveal the amazing love of Jesus Christ in their life. These kids are so consumed in a high or happiness that is degrading and bad (drugs alcohol etc). But for those who struggle I hope that I can show them once they receive Jesus, all of those things will no longer make them happy or give them that high. Instead through the holy spirit as their hearts are softened they will get the best high or satisfaction in serving God. Im 22 and going on my first overseas mission trip this September, but there are some kids who are 15 who are doing the same thing as me. Have I been sleeping under a rock all these times or what.

Life can be tough and hard above all else. The good people who fight the good fight of faith most of the time are in the back. But even when many circumstances I hope that his glory and reign will appear in the darkest times. Thank the lord for what you have especially those who have a relationship with Jesus. And my friend "tell someone about it, or do something with it". Stop sitting in church and then going out to the world and not sharing the gospel to those who need a breathe of fresh air.

I know writing some of this might bring people to tears but honestly it is hard for me to not be real with people. Sometimes being blunt and real does wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment