Friday, July 30, 2010

On a plane back home from Massachuetts I caught myself reading one of those "Skymall Magazines". The next minut I found myself next to this guy and his crying baby. For the next 2 hours I found myself asking why me? But I know why God does these things. Thankfully I had my IPhone and for those next two hours I just prayed. He help me lay out a vision for this next coming semester. I am going to be really busy serving him lets just say that. And by the way the guy kept looking at my notebook and bible so hopefully maybe that was a form of witnessing to him?

For the past couple of days I have just been trying to show unstoppable mercy above sacrifice in all aspects of my life. Many people think walking with Jesus Christ is surrendering things to him. For example giving up drinking, sex, and drugs is the most important thing so we can be "holy". But the next minute they go and talk crap about people who used to do that with him. Let me ask you something. The Jesus Christ who rescued you from all of those bad addictions did that so you could just persecute them? I do not think so. As Christ followers, as a church, we need to spend more time loving and showing unstoppable compassion, and less time making stupid excuses to spread the amazing word of God. Because unlike people back in the day we have ALL OF THESE AMAZING RESOURCES (facebook twitter youtube email iphones). Some people back in the day would wait AN ENTIRE LIFETIME TO GO ON AN OVERSEAS MISSION TRIP BECAUSE IT COSTS SO MUCH AND YOU EITHER HAD TO RIDE ON A STEAMBOAT OR FLY ON ONE OF THOSE PROP PLANES.

I will no longer see my friends suffer, I will no longer sit back and see them break because of the things of this world

No comments:

Post a Comment