Friday, July 2, 2010

UPLIFTED ONCE AGAIN

The past week I did a 7 day social fast to refocus on getting raw with God. Whenever you grip onto the things of this world, it gets you away from God. Especially with being in a social fraternity. Theres nothing wrong with it but I can not get through a day with out praying. The holy spirit is so constantly moving in my heart I sometimes need guidance. The bible is the first thing I turn to.

In 1 Kings 17 it depicts the story of Elijah. He was one of those pelicular type of people. In the bible he has to be one of my favorite guys because he goes against all of the Baal Gods and an entire political/social norm. In fact he proves them wrong by having God pretty much set fire to an altar. The people who worshipped the false God of baal were so stunned they began dancing and cutting themselves. This kinda creepy honestly.

What we can take from this is some of us need to stop waivering between the false Gods and the real God in our life. Since recommitting my life to Christ I have been guilty. This fast of pretty much being a loner accept with Jesus Christ has strengthend me. 6 months ago if you would of told me I was fasting, going to Costa Rica, leading a small group of 8th graders, leading friends/brothers to Christ, and no longer fearing the things of this world, I would of thought you were crazy. Thank you for the God of second chances. Thank you for Jesus Christ filling my heart with the upmost joy. Everytime I worship I almost cry because of the feeling I have inside me. And it continues to grow day by day. There is going to be bumps twists and turns thats life. But God uses those as a stepping stone for the next big thing in his big picture with your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment