Saturday, July 31, 2010

Quit Waivering and Worrying and Just Stick to the Big Picture Man

For almost 23 years I have worried about some of the most random things ever in my life. For example when I get married is my family going to be big enough? Or where am I going to live after I graduate. I mean come on man you are so much better than that. It seems like the best of my comes out by serving God. When I am surrounded by family, brothers, and at FUSE things go great. I know at work I can serve God by being an inspiring pelicular person of Jesus Christ. That means not waivering between my old and new life. The term born again I really do not like but rather I call it a "second chance". I second chance at a new walk in life. A second chance to glorify the King of Kings. A second chance to do amazing things through him. A second chance for the creator to take you overseas for the first time in 23 years on a mission trip? What the heck?

Wednesday night FUSE one of my students was having a rough time. He is this really energetic out there guy who is doing great things. However he suffers through a sleeping disorder and he tried inviting his friend to church that night. It was not the first time he invited her but she did not show up. I have the greatest fear in inviting some of my closet friends to church and her a 9th grader can do it? After praying over him during worship he came and gave me a hug. I had this weird feeling in my gut that almost brought tears to my eyes. After groups and before SUB30 I had to spend 5 minutes just to recollect myself. These kids are amazing. Some of the stuff they go through and they still do great things for Jesus Christ. They show unstoppable mercy even when times are tough. In a nutshell I have been inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment