Tuesday, March 16, 2010

God has given us two hands -- one to receive with, and the other to give with. We are not cisterns made for hoarding; we are channels made for sharing

For the past couple of days I have had lots of time to do some reflecting since its Spring Break and such. It also has allowed me to sort of just kick it back. This semester especially I have been super busy with all sorts of things. Sometimes were always caught in the moment with so many obligations. And we do not realize what we say and do has such a large impact on folks. I could always remember back in the day even driving somewhere I was always in such a rush. I wanted everything on my time schedule. I really never I guess "enjoyed" the moment. And even with some folks if they did something negative I always took it with a grain of salt.

Just diving into the word at night or even before work and praying for a couple of minutes has done wonders. Probably one of the most amazing things that God has brought back into my life is "enjoying the moment". In times of good and even bad I enjoy the path God is leading me. Whether it be people buildings nature a golf course or food (especially southern food) I take a step back and just thank him for leading me to a certain situation. We all have this image of a picture perfect life in the temporal world that we would like to live, but that image should not matter at all. I thought I had it all figured out at one point but through time I found out it was a life full of hypocrisy.

Patience just does not go in your personal life but with others. In recent weeks as I walk with him, he has lead me to help and disciple some of my friends and even folks I have held grudges with for 5 years. I have done some amazing things and said some things to people that are a shock to myself. I know that he day by day is transforming me. No longer and I Eric J. Burke a man full of happiness love and joy for himself friends and brothers, I am Eric J. Burke a man walking with Jesus Christ who is here to serve and disciple. I have tried many things in this world to satisfy my personal flesh, but they have either burnt out or been full of hypocrisy. Now my is full of true happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment