Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"he who saves or inspires one can save an entire nation"

There are stages in your life where you could ask yourself, this is not where God has called me to be so how can I bring glory and praise to him? Before I actually had some sort of relationship with God, I always used to complain about how much I had to work and how it is going to get me nowhere. There are so many Kappa Sig functions and other things I could do with my time for example with SG. But walking with him has made me realize no matter if you are serving tables, or even picking up trash do it in the glory of his name. For example when I'm working at Timuquana I always have a smile on my face, I always try to do a bit extra, but sometimes my attitude especially in the past has been so negative. One minute I'll feel good because a member asks me how things are going. But the next minute a fellow employee could say something negative setting me off the deep end. But now I have learned to fight that with something different. Both with co workers and members things are a bit different. Work is the hardest battlefield where the enemy like to play his games.

I have members especially ask me "why are you so cheerful and upbeat, and I would tell them well I as in myself things are going good" But what I have come to realize is that it should be "I am doing this in the name of Jesus Christ who has blessed me with a great personality and compassionate spirit"

In the movie Schinlder's List a gentleman by the name of Oscar Schindler sacrificed his family reputation and life to save 1,800 Jews from death. If captured or arrested by the Nazi' Mr. Schindler his wife and the Jews would be executed. At the end of the Nazi occupation talking with one of the Jews, Mr. Schindler felt guilty because he could of done more. But according to an old Hebrew quote "he who saves or inspires one can save an entire nation". If you are in the process of working where God has called you to be, for now be cheerful in serving all for HIM. Because you do not realize the impact that it will have on your coworkers, family, classmates, brothers, or sisters. Just remember to do it in the name of Jesus Christ who has called you to an amazing life of purpose.

1 comment:

  1. Waht you wrote is beautiful. I was at Office Depot and the woman who helpped me was so patient. I told her she must be a people person and she replied "I work for a God who loves all people". I have not forgotten that!!
    Keep up His work. Love you Grandma

    ReplyDelete