Monday, March 15, 2010

"A good man is not a perfect man; a good man is an honest man, faithful, and unhesitatingly responsive to the voice of God in his life" - John Fischer

First entry I have really no idea what to write about but here we go. I have always been very open about my daily life beliefs thoughts and ideas which is a good thing I guess.

I have been on this amazing journey with Christ for the past couple of months. It has not been the easiest but I do know I am fulfilling why God put me on this Earth. And that is to serve him. For the longest time I was living a false lifestyle for myself. And filling it with temporary forms of happiness. Sure I wasn't hurting anybody but I was not living for God. Through the holy spirit he has blessed me some amazing gifts and talents for me to accomplish his mission. And that is as a Social Studies teachers at the middle/high school in an inner city school. For some the task of working in that type of environment is stressful. But there is a reason why I work so much. There is a reason why I am really active with Kappa Sig. There is a reason why I help out with tutoring/mentoring students at Eugene Butler. There is a reason why I work so hard in school. God is preparing me for that type of stressful environment. In the next year or two I will begin that journey whether it be in Jacksonville or not I really do not know. But I am sure ready. I just thank God and some brothers and friends who "lead me to the cross". Once I arrived there through Jesus Christ I totally surrendered it all. Fears dreams attitude addictions and my past mistakes and tribulations. Not only did Jesus forgive me and erase those things but he help refine my spirit and provided me with much needed guidance in my life. Through fasting prayer and serving him I am now apart of a new family of men and women on FIRE for God.

I played golf with my dad then had dinner with the family today. I do not know what is about the game of golf but it is so calming and easy going. Sometimes it can be frustrating because it tests your patience and mental ability. Hopefully I am going to spend the rest of this week relaxing, catching up with my brothers, homework, and diving into the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment