Monday, August 9, 2010

The fraternity

When people think of greek life it is often illustrated by drinking and girl chasing. However since being in the the Xi Psi chapter of the Kappa Sigma Fraternity, it has brought me so much: three best men at my wedding, men of God to exemplify/mentor with, experiences I will never forget(AT, camping, golf, semi/formals), a band of brothers to always turn to, leadership skills, confidence, professional attitude. Lets face it God wanted me to be apart of something great while in college and I have. The reason I am writing this is because some of my fellow brothers have grown apathetic because of things not going their way. I have always and will continue to be a team player. Even when something is done and I do not agree with it I will stick to the team vision/purpose. And that is our star and crescent. As long as we are living/acting within the purpose/vision of the organization I will continue to do great things because it has given me so much.

I turn to Jesus for perseverance. He is the starter and finisher of our faith. His vision was handed down to him by God and through his perfect heart and spirit he kept pushing. He just did not all of a sudden stop and give up preaching the word, performing miracles, he kept going. He kept going even when death was near his footsteps. Could you imagine God calling you to be crucified and having to die a horrific death? Well my friend you do not have to worry because he sent his only Son so we could be uplifted and saved.

So everything everything that I do in life I will do with the 110 percent effort until it is done. No mater how many times people might blow me off, no matter how many times people might talk crap, no matter how many times we lose at something I will finish the job. Diligence and commitment create a new man within us. Especially walking in the light of our savior. If we turn to God through prayer he will make us great finishers. Finishers who are team players, and who do not complain and just do. Do great things within an organization job or even family.

No comments:

Post a Comment