Thursday, August 5, 2010

My testimony powerful in ways that only Jesus Christ knows

A year ago to this day on the outside it looked like I had everything together. I walked and talked like it. I was that "genuine fraternity guy that was the life of the ocassion". I believed in a god and Jesus Christ but I used every excuse in the book to not go to church. I was too busy or that church was only out for getting money out of me. But some things I had loads of time for were sorority girls, whisky, a short temper, and a mouth like a sailor. The man I saw in the mirror was not the man Jesus visioned me to be.

Then on September 5th I spent the night in a 6x8 box. This box brought me to an all time low. This box made me feel lonely and defeated. In the box I saw demons and the enemy playing his antics. But once I was out of the box I experinced a "god of second chances."

I spent the last couple of months searching for who I really was. But it was still all about what I wanted. Part of me still wanted to be the man on campus. And the funny part is that I was inactive from the fraternity due to crappy decisions and grades. Finally on January 6th I made the decision to no longer grip onto the things of this of this world. My roomate brothers and other friends throughout UNF lead me to a beaming radiant light you could see miles away. A radiant light that is lead by men and women from all races and backrounds. A radiant light that puts Jesus Christ first through love community and compassion.

A 21 day fast finally awakend my heart and mind to the awesome moving power of Jesus Christ. Like John the Baptist blessed Jesus, I was not baptized with water or oil but rather a fire of the holy spirit radiating in my heart. Ultimately when a man comes to grip with what is inside his heart and mind the wants of the flesh begin to weaken.. I am talking about a constant fire that keeps me going day to day week to week. A fire that has given me the ability to lead close friends and brothers to Jesus. And even my mother God revealed change in her life.

I believe in a God of 2nd chances

No comments:

Post a Comment