Tuesday, August 3, 2010

This One Goes Deep

I cannot believe that almost a year ago I was literally in a box. Physically and mentally I was in perhaps the darkest point of my life. I was consumed in the things of this world. But from the outside I had it together. Inside there was nothing. I talked walked dressed and acted like I had it together. How could a guy with amazing brothers, family, and many talents be so broken? I had gotten so far away from my foundation. My foundation as strong as a rock had now become little as a nickel or dime in my heart. I think maybe sitting in a 6x8 box if you want to call it that can bring out the worst demons in anyone. I felt low hopeless and lost.

But now 8 months later that foundation Jesus Christ is moving and radiant in my heart. The holy spirit moves almost every 10 minutes. Its that "little voice speaking to me inside." I know that's God. I know when I bring everything.....I mean everything to Jesus Christ he makes things better. Sure there are still parts of me I need to fix, but Jesus Christ has fixed a lot of things about me. I no longer sway from party to party and get the utmost enjoyment. I no longer go off the deep end over the stupidest things. I no longer make school a 2nd or 3rd priority next to girls and drinking. The walk I am on right now thank you Jesus for rescuing me. Thank you Jesus for turning my life upside down and making things better. Thank you Jesus for giving me the strength and confidence to no longer bind on to the things of this world. Thank you Jesus for giving me the courage to go overseas with people I have never met before to Costa Rica and do everything in your name. This fall I am going to take more leaps and meet more people. The next year will set the stage for the next big chapter in my life. I am just so glad to be on "the right path".

No comments:

Post a Comment